Zakat-al-Fitra Information and Collection by MWA – Pay via Bank Transfer
|Item||Quantity||Price Per Person (3 Kilos)|
- These are approximate calculations, for the minimum requirement and the more you pay the more rewarding it is
- Zakat al Fitrah is Wajib on behalf of every living person
- You choose only one of the items to pay the Zakat ul Fitrah
- One Sa’ is equivalent to approximately three kilos
- You must have the niyyah of the money being ‘equivalent fo the particular item you are paying for’.
- For detailed information and ruling refer to your Marja Taqleed.
Some Basic Questions regarding FITRA from
Zakat » Zakat of Fitrah
- At the time of sunset on Eid ul fitr night (i.e. the night preceding Eid day), whoever is adult and sane and is neither unconscious, nor poor, nor the slave of another, he should give, on his own behalf as well as on behalf of all those who are his dependents, about three kilos per head of wheat or barley or dates or raisins or rice or millet etc. It is also sufficient if he pays the price of one of these items in cash. As per obligatory precaution, he should not give from that food which is not staple in his place, even if it be wheat, barley, dates or raisins.
- One should pay Fitrah on behalf of all those persons who are treated as his dependents at his house on the nightfall of Eid ul fitr, whether they be young or old, Muslims or non-Muslims; irrespective of whether or not it is obligatory on him to maintain them, and whether they are in his own town or in some other town.
- If a person appoints his dependent who is in another town, to pay his own fitrah from his property, and is satisfied that he will pay the fitrah, it will not be necessary for the person to pay that dependent’s fitrah.
- A person, who is not a Sayyid, cannot give fitra to a Sayyid http://www.sistani.org/english/book/48/2307/
Mohtaj e Dua
Syed Shoaib Naqvi
If you are a Syed, please use the reference: FitraSyed
If you are Non-Syed, please use the reference: FitraNonSyed
Also specify in the payment reference the number of persons in your family/dependents for whom the Fitra is given
BSB : 062471
ACCOUNT NUMBER : 10242515
Payment Reference: [Syed or NonSyed NumberOfPersons]
BANK: Commonwealth Bank of Australia